A Book in 30 Days — Day 1
Title. Cover Art. Table of Contents.
On the first day of writing, my great mind gave to me
1 Million Excuses
20 Chapter Ideas
6 Possible Titles
1 Book Art Scene
Well, it was in 3 consecutive days…
I already knew what I wanted to write about. I wanted to tell my story; to chronicle my life and adversities. More interestingly, as my unique proposition, I wanted to detail each of my biggest ambitions.
Every one of my aspirations, dreams, and ideas are fueled by the crap Ive experienced. Every unfair, unjust, nonsensical thing Ive noticed, especially that impacted my life, has made me think about ways in which it could and should be better.
I wanted to shed light on a dude who never stops wanting to change the world, no matter how much the world seems to hate or care less about him.
Here are those ideas.
(I did each of these as my “10 ideas a day” exercise…)
Since I knew what I wanted to do already, my first order of business was coming up with a framework,.. an outline.
Should I focus on my ambitious ideas, or on my adversities?
Should I write it like a typical autobiography, or more an anthology of personal stories?
Should I censor myself in terms of not being too vulnerable, or just put it all out there?
I decided to just be me… Idea-oriented, but always grounded in facts, history, and root causes; unique in narrative voice, always flowing together discrete (quantized) information; transparent and honest, even if it embarrases me.
Thus… how I came up with each of these, thinking about all the events or milestones that made the biggest impact on my life, and fueled the biggest ideas.
Chapters (Subject to Change)
- What is ambition.. why dream?
- Vs consumerism… the difficulty of staying productive in a world of rampant consumerism
- Focus… how to be productive in a world of distraction
- The Self… doubt, insecurity, inconfidence, procrastination
- Am i ugly? Ideas of self value and worth when nobody likes likes me
- Depression… my greatest drive
- Ignorance… the dangers and power of not knowing
- Curiosity… how to keep your childlike wonder
- Poverty… turning problems into ideas
- Growth… how to grow, learn, and challenge yourself
- Autodidactism… how to be a nerd, and love it
- Futurism… my hobby, mission, and purpose
- I live in the future, i dream in the future
- Fiction Books… WHY Reading is fundamental
- Transportation… how the bullsht fed my decade obsession with hovercars
- Failure… vs identity
- God… Religion, Spirituality, Believing in Something Bigger
- Science… finding the formula for Curiosity and Knowledge
- You’re Not My Dad!... He’s your father….
- Finding love… as a virgin… at 21
The next day… these chapter ideas gave me direction on what I wanted my book to even be callled. Something around ambition and adversity, but all in a poetic diction.
Cuz thas howz i Likes my Prose…
- The Seed of Ambition
- At the Core
- Stories of Ambition in the Light of Darkness
- From the Depths of Tartarus, come Prometheus
- The Privilege of Poverty
- The Making of Ambition
Finally, I began to think about my book art… at first I had a lot of different ideas, but then I realized that I want them all too much to decide. So I just fused them all together. I didn’t know if I could get it drawn… but my whole life is about ambition, dreaming things so big they scare you and question the realm of the possible. So I did it anyways.
Ideas for the book art
- Me, standing in the shadow cast by a sheer cliffed, huge mountain I'm facing that reaches the stars. Between me and the mountain is a litany of obstacles. Beside me runs a river of ideas that streams down from the mountain. Along the river are images of my product ideas along a winding path up the mountain. My back is against a glass wall with brick designs. And there's a shadow of a person unconnected to me thats cast from the confident version of me standing akimbo atop the mountain. Around my head is a vague, nebulae mindspace radiating all of my most common thoughts, should also look a bit like a black/grey cloud of depression.
- +The shadow of the mountain is actually the person standing atop the mountain! (Implying that I view my ideal self AS the mountain)
- ++The shadow has a smile, and Im in its mouth...
- +Its snowing.. with several feet of snow on the ground, with trenches throughout
I asked my brother if he could draw something like this.. and he said it was no problem. I admire his confidence, and I believe it is ‘no problem’ for him… he’s amazingly good.
After he’s done, I’ll try to figure out how to digitize and color it.
Until then, Ill be using another of his sketches for my pre-order page.
Finally, I asked my GF/SO/Bestie to help me decide and give feedback. Much of her insight surprisingly (yet not so surprisingly) happened to coincide with what I was leaning towards.
And thus I had the beginnings of a book!!
That’s right! You can go ahead and pre-order my book, for whatever price you want, until I release the full book on my birthday, the 19th of September.
Check it out!!
Thanks for coming along my #Bookin30days journey!
Stay tuned for Day 2!!